[PyAR2] pyArkansas, October 4, and You

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:56:52 CEST 2008

I think part of the lab session should show how easy and fun it is to
start programming with python. Perhaps some simple programming
challenges and/or fun examples.

-Wayne

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just got this...looks like we're a go for October 4th!
>
> Dear Greg,
>
> Yes, let us tentatively schedule the pyArkansas on Oct. 4. We will
> provide 2-3 fully equipped classrooms in this department. Each of the
> classrooms have a digital projector and minimum 20 workstations.
> Wireless connection is available through entire area.  We will  inform
> UCA students about this event. We very much welcome high schools
> participants.
>
> In planning the event, I would suggest the following:
> 1. a  introduction session on importance of computing,
> 2. a fun lab session, using Python to alter media data, for beginners,
> 3. showcases of Python application.
>
> Since it is on Saturday, we may want to start the event after 9 AM and
> finish it by 2 PM.
>
> Regards,
>
> (Dr.) Chenyi (Hu, UCA Department of Computer Science).

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being
called gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly:
every weakness, every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its
ennoblement and exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi