[PyAR2] Mini Programming Challenge

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:53:19 CEST 2008

I'm not sure how many of you are new Python programmers, or *Pythonistas,  *but
here's a simple problem for you to work on.  Post you code to the list and
we can see how everyone does it.  Here's the challenge (check out
raw_input() for how to input a string):

Write a program that prompts the user to enter a string of characters (it
could be a word or a sentence or longer) and print out a report showing the
number of times each letter appears in the word (or sentence).  I'm just
concerned about letters, but I don't care about case (both upper and lower
case count the same).

I'll post mine in a couple days.

-greg