[PyAR2] pyArkansas

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 16:05:31 CEST 2008

OK...we're 4 weeks out and (I think) things are looking pretty good.  I'm a
little concerned about money; we have $260.00 in the bank with $500.00
coming.  I was hoping to meet with the Conway Chamber of Commerce yesterday
(Thursday), but that has been put off until later next week.

We need to let UCA know what software to load on their machines.  I will
have them load Python 2.5 and pyGame for my talks.  What other software do
we want?  Please specify name, version and an address where it can be found
so I can pass it on to UCA.

I'm having reservations about the Django class or, at least, me leading it.
Is there someone else comfortable enough with it to do a 50-minute "show and
tell" type talk? The other option is dropping it and letting Jeff Rush do a
talk on Python Eggs.

Do we want any kind of registration?  Is there a need for it?  How do we
intend to hand out swag (the stuff everyone gets, that is).  We received a
copy of the Noah Gift/Jeremy Jones book "Python for Unix and Linux System
Administration" to give away.  I think we should hand that out in his class
at some point.

Currently, we have 29 people signed up to attend.  I will be sending out
another round of invitations to the Faulkner County High Schools and,
perhaps, include a few more "random" schools for the list (we have 73 High
Schools in the 7 County region).

Let me know about any concerns/issues you have.  There are people driving
substantial distances to attend, so I really want to put on a good meeting.

Thanks,

--greg