[PyAR2] Conway Chamber of Commerce

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 17:39:18 CEST 2008

Hello All,

I just have a minute to tell you about the meeting I had with Chad Russel
(VP of Operations) of the Conway Chamber of Commerce this morning.  I wrote
them requesting funds for our conference and he called to say he wanted to
meet and discuss things over.  While he is not an "uber-geek", he does know
technology (whihc really helps) and was extremely encouraging.  How
encouraging, you ask??  How about:

   - $750.00 donation to cover the remaining costs (and get a jump on --
   gulp -- next year)
   - The CoC will get hotel rooms for Jeff Rush and Noah Gift (Friday and
   Saturday)
   - He is going to see about Restaurant Gift Certificates so we can take
   them out, too.
   - Other stuff that we keep until the actual conference

Chad also is sending me information on how to solicit the Conway Advertising
and Promotions committee about getting money for 2009 (more on that later)
and has lots of other ideas.  He really was positive.

Jeff and Noah...it looks like we will be picking up the hotel, so don't make
reservations!!  Noah, if you could split the airfare with us, I think we can
reimburse you for a car to get to Conway from the airport (or, if you want
to get the car and have us get the ticket; let us know).

So, it looks like we are funded for this year.  Now the real effort is on
making sure we put on a quality event; there are people traveling hundreds
of miles to this and I want to make sure it's worth the trip.  If you are
giving a talk, BE PREPARED!

Tonight I will put together a list of all the software and demo files I
think we need.  UCA will need a list next week so they can install
everything on their machines.

I really do need to get to work.  More tonight.

--greg

(and did you see we had 6 people register yesterday!)