[PyAR2] Conway Chamber of Commerce

W W srilyk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:34:07 CEST 2008

I put up a couple of fliers in the MCS building, so hopefully we should get
a few more folks sign up

-Wayne

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I just have a minute to tell you about the meeting I had with Chad Russel
> (VP of Operations) of the Conway Chamber of Commerce this morning.  I wrote
> them requesting funds for our conference and he called to say he wanted to
> meet and discuss things over.  While he is not an "uber-geek", he does know
> technology (whihc really helps) and was extremely encouraging.  How
> encouraging, you ask??  How about:
>

>    - $750.00 donation to cover the remaining costs (and get a jump on --
>    gulp -- next year)
>    - The CoC will get hotel rooms for Jeff Rush and Noah Gift (Friday and
>    Saturday)
>    - He is going to see about Restaurant Gift Certificates so we can take
>    them out, too.
>    - Other stuff that we keep until the actual conference
>
> Chad also is sending me information on how to solicit the Conway
> Advertising and Promotions committee about getting money for 2009 (more on
> that later) and has lots of other ideas.  He really was positive.
>
> Jeff and Noah...it looks like we will be picking up the hotel, so don't
> make reservations!!  Noah, if you could split the airfare with us, I think
> we can reimburse you for a car to get to Conway from the airport (or, if you
> want to get the car and have us get the ticket; let us know).
>
> So, it looks like we are funded for this year.  Now the real effort is on
> making sure we put on a quality event; there are people traveling hundreds
> of miles to this and I want to make sure it's worth the trip.  If you are
> giving a talk, BE PREPARED!
>
> Tonight I will put together a list of all the software and demo files I
> think we need.  UCA will need a list next week so they can install
> everything on their machines.
>
> I really do need to get to work.  More tonight.
>
> --greg
>
> (and did you see we had 6 people register yesterday!)

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn't. - Primo Levi