[PyAR2] pyArkansas

Chenyi Hu chu at uca.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:43:08 CEST 2008

Greg, et al,

It is great to know things are going well. We are looking forward to the first PyAR Conference. I know at least one Acxiom associate has signed up for the event. I have seen the announcement posted on this floor.

During weekends, parking is not a problem at all. I am attaching a UCA map. Our event will be in the MATH-COMP SCIENCE building on Bruce Street. For the most convenient parking lots, from Bruce St. you need to turn Augusta Ave. Then, both sides have a lot of packing spaces.

Mike,  please install and test these software packages in rooms 328, 329, 338 and 339 to ensure them available for the mini-conference. Greg and Bernard, you may want to check them before the conference.

When the final schedule and number of attendees become available, please keep me informed. We are looking forward to welcoming you all for the event,

Sincerely,

Chenyi Hu

Ph.D., Professor and Chairman
Computer Science Department
University of Central Arkansas
http://www.cs.uca.edu

>>> "Greg Lindstrom" <gslindstrom at gmail.com> 9/18/2008 5:29 PM >>>
Hello, UCA Friends!

Plans for pyArkansas roll along.  We have 39 people registered as of this
writing and I expect more, as I just sent out invitations to all High
Schools in Faulkner and Pulaski counties.  We have received impressive help
from the Conway Chamber of Commerce.

I have identified the following software which we wold like installed:

   - Python 2.5 (www.python.org)
   - IPython (http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/)
   - Pygame (http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/)
   - Setuptools, VirtualEnv, Nevow and Durus. These are in the Python
   Cheeseshop and can be installed (as an admin) with a single 'easy_install'
   command as follows;
      - wget http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py
      - python2.5 ez_setup.py
      - easy_install virtualenv nevow durus

How can we handle parking?  Should we instruct people to park in a certain
lot?

Thanks for your help!  It looks looks like this is going to be a great day!