[PyAR2] PyArkansas and Django

gslindstrom at gmail.com gslindstrom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 21:14:53 CEST 2009

Hi Jacob,

We're starting to look at speakers/teachers for the pyArkansas conference
in November and we would like to know if you, or one of your minions, would
be interested in coming to beautiful Conway, Arkansas and speaking. We
would like a 3-hour "Introduction to Django" class and then either a talk
or another tutorial in the afternoon. The local Chamber of Commerce has
offered us use of their building in the evening and we are thinking of
having either a working session to construct a user group web site or a
mini programming contest for the newbies (maybe both). I was thinking it
might be nice to develop a generic package that user groups could use to
get a site up and running.

So, do you know of anyone that might be interested in doing this? We will
help with transportation, hotel and food, as well as a (modest) stipend. We
had 55 people last year and are expecting over 100 this year, though many
will be high school students in the "Python 101" classes. I know quite a
few people that are very interested in a Django track (we will also have
Python 101, Image Processing with Jython, and possibly pyGame and something
dealing with GIS).

Let me know if you can help out or get us in touch with someone closer to
Arkansas.

Thanks,