[PyAR2] [PyAR2-organizers] pyArkansas Date

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 15:17:17 CEST 2009

2009/6/8 Greg Lindstrom <gslindstrom at gmail.com>

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I have contacted Dr. Hu (Chair of the CS Department at UCA) and he has
> graciously agreed to host pyArkansas 2009 this fall.  A HUGE part of our
> success last year was having UCA get behind us and provide classrooms and
> computers for our classes.

I'll second that - having access to computers to try out what we're learning
is always a great thing.

> Looking at the UCA football schedule (we have to avoid home game weekends)
> shows:
>
> Sat9/19 Western KentuckyBowling Green, Ky. 6 p.m.
> Sat9/26 Glenville StateConway, Ark. 6 p.m.
> Sat10/3Missouri S&T (Hall of Fame/Family Day) Conway, Ark. 6 p.m.
> Sat10/10Northwestern State* Natchitoches, La. 7 p.m.
> Sat10/17Stephen F. Austin* (SLC-TV) Conway, Ark. 6 p.m.
> Sat10/24 Homecoming
> Conway, Ark. 6 p.m.
> Sat10/31Southeastern Louisiana* Hammond, La. 2 p.m.
> Sat11/7Texas State* (SLC-TV) Conway, Ark. 6 p.m.
> Sat11/14Sam Houston State* Huntsville, Texas 2 p.m.
> Sat11/21McNeese State* Lake Charles, La. 7 p.m.
>
> We could go later this year (even November?).  What do you think?

I think the football schedule is perfect for me - October 3 is the only
weekend that I have a conflict that I know about, but my wife and girls have
birthdays other weeks. I'm sure we also want to avoid Halloween? I don't
know if that would prevent conflicts or create them. I expect many of us
have kids we'll be taking Trick-or-Treating.

I think I'll put my vote in for November 14th.
-Wayne