[PyAR2] 2.x or 3.x?

Larry Hale pythonlarry at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:51:03 CEST 2009

I would concur that explaining what works in a pre-3.0 world would be
beneficial.

For most paradigms that I find I use most frequently (but perhaps I'm a
boring coder :), my code works with either version; could a class show ways
and means that work with both standards, pointing out the edge cases where
there's a difference of significance?

I'd be partial to:

    Showing what differences there are between 2.x and 3.x; in my
searchings, I have found blurbs and articles that touch on some changes, but
I've not seen much (from a coder's point of view) that's odd, or that I even
_must_ pay attention to.  I know I'm missing "it", but am not sure what "it"
is.  :)

    For current coders working from pre-3.0, segueing from the above points,
lead nicely into a discussion of 2to3: what it does, what it can't, the
"gotchas", things to manually re-check, etc.

    3.x-only coding: In Brief, assume one has never coded in Python before,
ever.  What should one know, how "should" one code in this New World Order.

Just my 5 cents.  (Inflation)

Cheers,
-Larry