[PyAR2] Python Books from Manning

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Thu May 14 18:36:01 CEST 2009

Hello Everyone,

I received the following from Steven Hong and though you might like it,
too.  I have 3 books from Manning Publishers (and will be getting both of
these) and all are very well written.

--greg

Steven with Manning Publications here. I'm reaching out to Python user
groups to announce news of two exciting Python books:

*The Quick Python Book, Second Edition by Vern
Ceder*<http://www.manning.com/ceder>
In early access (in print October 2009)
The book is aimed at those familiar with programming but just picking up
Python. Vern Ceder addresses established core Python features (syntax,
control flow, basic data structures, etc.) as well as the new ideas and
constructs introduced in Python 3. He also offers a look at the current
Python landscape, including the Django Web Framework, GUI programming,
database access, and web frameworks.

*Hello World! Computer Programming for Kids and Other Beginners by Warren
Sande and Carter Sande* <http://www.manning.com/sande>
In print now (published April 2009)
A different type of beginner book done in Python--this one is kid-friendly!
Using Python, a unique team of authors that includes a father and his
12-year-old son walk through the basics of programming. With this gentle
introduction to the computer programming world any kid that can start a
program and save a file will be programming their own ski game in no time.

I wanted to reach out to you with a limited time discount code for the
book--"python37", which will give members a 37% discount on either book
until May 31, 2009 exclusively at Manning.com. If there are any other
opportunities to spread the word on these books, please feel free to do so
(mentioning on blogs, twitter, etc.). Thanks!

Best regards,
Steven Hong
Marketing Coordinator