[PyAR2] pyArkansas 2010 Call For Papers

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 22:33:20 CEST 2010

The 3rd annual pyArkansas conference, a gathering of Python programming
enthusiasts, will be held on Saturday, October 16th, on the campus of the
University of Central Arkansas (Conway) and we would like you to present a
talk.  We are accepting proposals for 30 or 60 minute talks (25 and 55
minutes, actually) on anything Python.  Do you want to present on a
particular topic (Python 3? Web? Database? Objects? Packages? Images? GIS?
Sphinx?)?  How about telling us about that cool program you just wrote?
This is a conference run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts; you will never find
a better audience.

Last year we had 78 people attend including students/teachers from at least
5 Arkansas Colleges/Universities as well as High School and home school
students.  Professionals from 5 different states were on hand as well.

We will have a wiki up in the next week but, if you are interested, please
send your name and a brief description of the topic you would like to
present (a paragraph would be just fine).  Tell us if you would like a 30 or
60-minute slot and anything else we should know.  We'll select talks by
October 1st, so you'll know a couple weeks in advance if you were selected
(and there will be open space so even if you are not selected you still can
give it a go).

Send you proposal to <pyar2-organizers at python.org>.