[PyAR2] OReilly Newsletter

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 13:05:08 CET 2010

Here is some user group information from our friends at OReilly publishing.
--greg

Hi there,

We've launched a new program we'd like you to share with your group members.
Please pass along this news:

Join the O'Reilly Blogger Review
Program<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zdesfhva55qolungp89dpk6mua9g8c2l6rvhepb8>.
We'll send you ebooks and videos in exchange for your honest reviews.

You'll get early access to great books and videos about leading-edge
software, technology and social media trends--and have your expert opinions
heard as a reviewer. Find all the details
here.<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zuqvu1oq5vus3mli5h99a26dd7r188gtc82m4lqo>

PyCon, the Python community
conference,<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z8o5ebkiugbnduv9bvvmjj0q6gsps6u4jq05tgho>is
doubling down on technical talks this year from across the spectrum.
The
official deadline for getting your proposal in has passed, but they've
agreed to keep the system in "stealth open" until Nov 3 so the people
receiving this newsletter can have a chance to submit a proposal.
Sign up and go to
http://us.pycon.org/2011/speaker/<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1znmuajc5916utfe6gr78ktg90sardgib8qgd52c8>to
submit a proposal for either a talk or a tutorial for PyCon 2011.

Google announces Google
Code-in<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zn0novluocb9su51b28562tmamulr80nm9bqlo0g>,
their contest to introduce pre-university students to the many kinds of
contributions that make open source software development possible starting
Nov 22. They're inviting students worldwide to produce a variety of open
source code, documentation, training materials and user experience research.
Read the blog post for more
info.<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zbdj5np0pa5u7flsu0uqpb159pjmsmo42q9eq020>

*O'Reilly webcasts happening soon:*

   - Hadoop - Tips, Tricks, Optimizations, and Pitfalls
   <http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z2hp0k1khleehdoehvubolbloro3v3av77vkmbn8>,
   Presented by Ken
Goodhope<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z6v65j7l9ekuma6f15ea1mvom67i5fs0um9ljcl8>November
23, at 10am PT

 Check out our Webcast<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1za46jhbke21nemhq9ntqnhn4fv40j2mamn0dith0>page
for on-demand videos of past webcasts and more upcoming live events.

Thanks,

---- Marsee Henon and Jon Johns

------------------------------

User Group Discounts

*Get 40% off books* from O'Reilly, Microsoft Press, No Starch, Paraglyph, PC
Publishing, Pragmatic Bookshelf, Rocky Nook, SitePoint, or YoungJin books
and *50% off ebooks* you purchase directly from O'Reilly. Just use code DSUG
when ordering online or by phone
800-998-9938.<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1z6vasbk6rfjiblj95234ahj8n42bfl6i77ikrqp0>

*Thinking about attending an O'Reilly Conference?* Email
usergroups at oreilly.com for the user group discount code. You can see what's
coming up here:
http://conferences.oreilly.com<http://post.oreilly.com/rd/9z1zp1mfo9lt803sl9np80s4m4ajbi79k8o1b08qmp0>
.