[PyAR2] PyAR 2011

Larry Hale pythonlarry at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 15:24:36 CEST 2011

An FYI for those looking to join the pyar2-organizers mailing list: go to
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo + slash + "pyar2-organizers".  (It
seems to be an "unpublished"/"unadvertised" list.  I didn't "find" the page
so much as took a lucky guess.  :o)

[1] I would like to help however I can!

[2] As for topics I'd like covered:

    Documentation (Sphinx)

    Python + SVN Integration
        Check-In/-Out conformity scripts, especially
            How to have unified code formatting on the back end, whilst
allowing programmers the flexibility for however they prefer to code/view
source on their end.
                Utilities suggested for this purpose.

    Python Libraries, Eggs, HOW-TO Workshop
        Or at least a demo of creating one, top-to-bottom.
            (Still seems like Magic to me, but honestly haven't tried to
climb this mountain personally... partially due to my perception of Magic.)

    Code Testing
        Doctests
        Unittests
        Nose
        RobotTests

    The state of Python Web Development
        Top ISP's, Availability
        Underlying Technologies
            No longer mod_python, now mod_wsgi?
            What about mod_parrot - I know, a whole 'NOTHER kettle of fish!
;o)
        Basic-to-Advanced Frameworks
            web2py
            Django
        Solution for "a more PHP-like environment"
            My point: what combination/recipe would allow someone to migrate
relatively easily (apart from code re-writes) from PHP to a Py platform?

[3] I don't feel that _I_ am ready to _give_ any talk(s) this year, but hope
to be more-able-to next!

Cheers, all, and I know _I_ am looking forward to it!  :D