[PyAR2] pyArkasas 2011 - Call For Papers

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 15:15:46 CEST 2011

Plans for pyArkansas 2011 are underway.  The 4th annual Python conference
will be held October 22 on the campus of UCA (Computer Science Department)
and this year we would like *you* to present a talk on what you are doing
with Python.

Talks are 50 minutes (40 minutes of you talking and then 10-minutes for
questions) and can be on anything Python.  Are you using a standard library
module that's really cool?  Perhaps a third party package that you think
other people should know about?  What about that killer project where you
did something interesting or fun using Python?  This is a chance for you to
share your knowledge with an audience that wants to hear what you have to
say!  Don't think you have to be a "Python Heavyweight" to present; if you
are doing something interesting, we want to hear from you (and we're
bringing in a couple of heavyweights to give tutorials and talks of their
own).  We want a wide selection of topics and skill levels for the
conference.

Do you have a paper you would like to present?  This year, we have a special
track for students (High School and College/University) to present academic
papers (25-minute slots).  How cool is that?

Without talks, there is no pyArkansas.  You don't want that, do you?

If you are interested, please email the following information to
pyar2-organizers at python.org (don't "reply" to this).

   - Talk Title
   - A brief (a paragraph or two) description of your talk
   - Intended audience (beginner, intermediate, advanced, web developer,
   gamer, astronomer, etc.)
   - A brief blurb about you (that we can put on the website)
   - Length (papers are 25-minutes, talks are 50-minutes.  There are a few
   longer talks slots available if you feel you need a little more time)

We'll look them all over and make the selections by October 1 to give you
time to prepare.

We're looking forward to seeing you speak this year!