[PyAR2] PyAR 2011

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 14:29:30 CEST 2011

We are starting to plan pyAR 2011 to be held on the campus of UCA this
Fall.  We are looking at Saturday, October 22 to avoid any UCA home football
games and the ACM competition on Nov 5.  If you are interested in helping
organize the conference -- there is a lot to do and no experience is
required -- please sign up on the pyar2-organizers mailing list. You can do
a little or a lot; either will be appreciated.

Traditionally, we set up classes (1 1/2 hour long) and talks (1 hour long)
on various topics.  This year we plan to add a track for students to present
papers on how they use Python.  This will give them an opportunity to put
together a presentation and get in front of people.  What classes and/or
topics do you want to see addressed this year?  Anything Python related will
be considered (last year we had a complaint that there were no Perl classes!
Go figure).  Possible topics include beginning Python, intermediate Python
(what topics do you consider intermediate?), database, web, GUI, game
programming, documentation (that's me...I love Sphinx!), whatever.  Please
make a suggestion or two!

I'll post again here when we confirm the date and get speakers set up.
Again, if you want to help out, please join the organizers list.

--greg