[PyAR2] Car Talk Puzzler

Greg Lindstrom gslindstrom at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:45:46 CEST 2011

Each week, the radio program "Car Talk" (NPR) offers up a puzzler; a quirky
problem that usually requires some sort of "aha" to solve.  Sometimes
they're mathematical, sometimes not.  This week, the puzzler asks "How many
times in a day does a digital clock (in 12-hour mode) display a time with 3
of the same digits (1:11, 2:22, etc.).  It's a "trick" question, of course,
but it took less than 5 minutes for me to write a python program to solve it
(my boss will be happy to know that because I should be working).

Can you write a routine to solve it?