[Pycon-interest] sprint

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Dec 18 21:57:09 EST 2002

> Would it make sense to have mini-classes throughout the conference?
> I'd hate to sit down with each new person and have to teach, ssh, cvs,
> sf (maybe roundup by march?), etc.

> Perhaps we could have short classes/tutorials throughout the
> conference.  Maybe a half-hour to an hour.  That way people could
> learn or improve the skills they don't have.

Good idea!  But since the sprints are planned Mon/Tue, i.e. *before*
the conference, this would have to be done on the first morning of the
sprint.

For the Zope3 sprint in Rotterdam we had a Wiki page (and reminder
emails) for all participants to encourage them to set up and test
their ssh/cvs setup on their laptop *before* coming to the sprint, so
we wouldn't waste time on that.