[Pycon-interest] possible talk proposal: fast sparse matrix calculations with Python

Roman Geus geus@inf.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 28 14:38:23 2002

Dear all

I'm looking for a Python conference to present some Python related
material of my PhD thesis (in the Scientific Computing field).

The thesis describes how to effiently calculate electro-magnetic waves
in accelerator cavities using Python. For this purpose two Python
packages (one for fast sparse matrix calculations and the other for
implementing the finite element method for Maxwell's equations) were
developed.

More information on this project can be found at

	http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/geus/pyfemax/

Now, I'd like to know whether PYCON DC 2003 would be the right event for
presenting my stuff or whether another conference would be better suited
for this "Scientific Computing with Python" related topic.

Regards,

Roman Geus

--
Roman Geus                   Tel: +41 1 632 74 39 / Fax: +41 1 632 14 07
Institute of Scientic Computing