[Pycon-interest] possible talk proposal: fast sparse matrix calculations with Python

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Thu Nov 28 15:56:07 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002, Roman Geus wrote:

> The thesis describes how to effiently calculate electro-magnetic waves
> in accelerator cavities using Python. For this purpose two Python
> packages (one for fast sparse matrix calculations and the other for
> implementing the finite element method for Maxwell's equations) were
> developed.
>
> More information on this project can be found at
>
> 	http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/geus/pyfemax/
>
> Now, I'd like to know whether PYCON DC 2003 would be the right event for
> presenting my stuff or whether another conference would be better suited
> for this "Scientific Computing with Python" related topic.

We don't have a formal policy, but I believe PyCon has no objection to a
paper being presented at multiple conferences.  PyCon is certainly *an*
appropriate venue, though you'd likely want to focus on the Python end
of things rather than the actual subject of your thesis.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"If you don't know what your program is supposed to do, you'd better not
start writing it."  --Dijkstra