[Pycon-se] Volunteer at PyCon Sweden

Oxana Sachenkova merenlin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:15:44 CEST 2014

Dear all,

PyCon Sweden(2014.pycon.se) is approaching and we are now looking for volunteers to help out at the conference in exchange for a free attendance + dinner, an awesome volunteer t-shirt and a fun experience of course :-)

If you are interested, please write an email with your full name, phone number, preferred volunteer role and a day+time slot when you are available to volunteer at pycon.se. It might also be good to include any relevant experience you have (for example working with sound, microphone, network etc)

Volunteers needed for the following roles:

Session Staff

Session Chairs and Session Runners are present for an entire session (usually 2 to 3 talks in a row).A Session Chair introduces the speaker, manages the time, and facilitates the question and answer period. "Please be seated. Our next speaker is..."A Session Runner helps the speaker get from the Speakers Lounge to the appropriate stage. They help in any way needed to make the session run smoothly.

Please only sign up for one role per day. You'll be able to choose sessions later.

Pro Tip: Sign-up to be a Session Chair or Session Runner – it's a great opportunity to meet your Python heros!

Registration Desk

Sign-up for an hour slot at the registration desk on the 1st or the 2nd day
Time slots: 8:00-9:00,9:00-10:00,10:00-11:00,11:00-12:00

Someone needs to say "Welcome! What is your name?", print a name tag, hand them their stuff.  Please consider signing up for an hour on the registration desk. It's a great way to meet people and answer basic questions. If this is your first PyCon, it's a good way to get into volunteering!
Tip: You might miss one of the keynotes if you choose to volunteer at the registration. Good news is that we'll record all of the talks for you!

Miscellaneous Help

Set up and tear down, pull that cable over there, show people where is what, help the speakers find their spot. Prepare for anything! Might be the least busy position,

especially if we get enough helpers, so don't be afraid to sign up for this!

See you at PyCon!

Kindly,

Oxana