[Pycon-volunteers] People to help direct lost people.

Rasha Hussein rasharasem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 00:10:17 CET 2013

I will be there tomorrow 8:30AM.

Sorry for today but I went home after wandering around the event asking
about what I should be doing and I didn't get any information and the room
where volunteers should meet was empty from 8:20AM (the moment I arrived)
till 9:15 (when I gave up and went home) I thought that people are already
gonna be in the tutorials (I am not registered for them I am only a
volunteer. I didn't register because they're way too expensive!) and that I
could use sometime to work so I went back.

I was already home when I saw your email that you still need volunteers and
if I had a car I would have drove back but I am visiting from Palestine and
staying in PAlo Alto. I am using public transportation here which takes
minimum of 1:15 hour to get to the place.

Anyway, I will be there tomorrow 8:30AM. Hopefully I would be useful
tomorrow.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM, Douglas Napoleone <doug.napoleone at gmail.com
> wrote:

> All,
>
>     I need some volunteers to help direct people.
> People were getting lost this morning, and the best solution right now is
> a friendly face.
>
> Tomorrow between 8:45 and 9:15, If we could have some people (3) in the
> lobby, by Mission city, and in the Great America hallway to help direct
> people that would be fantastic!
> Just reply to this thread and we will co-ordinate. Stop by the Green Room
> (206), and puck up a Schedule Handout (on the radio table) with the floor
> map to have with you to help people.
>
> I have some nice Badges int he green room (206) that say 'Ask Me About
> PyCon! that you can wear too, if you feel comfortable with that.
>

> Also we will still need people at 12:10-12:30 today and tomorrow to help
> direct people to lunch in Exhibit Hall D (down the long far corridor to
> Great America.
> Lets meet up in the Green Room at 12:00 to co-ordinate that and help get
> up signs too.
>
>     -Doug

Rasha Hussein
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/rashahussein>