[Pycon-volunteers] PyCon 2017 - Tutorial Host Volunteer Information
wvcain at outlook.com
Mon May 15 08:44:03 EDT 2017
Roger that, see you there.
(just to close the loop)
From: Jamiel Almeida [mailto:jamiel.almeida at gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 14, 2017 12:37 PM
To: pycon-volunteers at python.org
Subject: PyCon 2017 - Tutorial Host Volunteer Information
Dear Volunteer -
We are less than one week away from the start of the PyCon 2017 tutorials. You are receiving this message because you have signed up to volunteer as a tutorial host on either May 17th and/or May 18th.
Below is a list of quick instructions for the day of:
· one hour to thirty minutes before the tutorial begins, go to A103 (staff office) to pick up a roster for the class you signed up for (we will have a master list in the room as well). The earlier the better because attendees tend to go into their tutorial rooms pretty early. If you arrive at your tutorial and there are people sitting, please ask to see their badge so you can check them off the list.
· if you signed up to be a "far greeter": your role is to help people find their tutorial room.
· if you signed up to a "near greeter": your role is to check people in against the list received from A103. If there is only one volunteer per tutorial, please take the role of checking people in. Once you have checked in the attendees, please leave the tutorial and bring the check in sheet back to room A103.
· if the tutorial runs into any issues with AV, there is an AV staffer located in each room, please bring the situation to them. Other questions you may get:
o "Can we get more power?" The answer is "no - what we ordered is all we could afford, please share what is available"
o "When is break and when is lunch?" Breaks are in the lobby at 10:15am and 3pm. Lunch is in the Oregon Ballroom at 12:20pm.
· if there are any issues outside of the above or an emergency please call Ewa 415 319 5237<tel:(415)%20319-5237> or go to room A103. If it is a serious medical emergency, please call 911 first.
· if you signed up to be a lunch host, please come to the Oregon Ballroom 10 minutes before lunch. The main task is to make sure people have a badge. If they do not have a badge, they should not be allowed to enter the lunch room.
· PyCon's code of conduct is available here: https://us.pycon.org/2017/about/code-of-conduct/. It also includes procedural instructions.
If you have any questions before the conference, please email us at pycon-volunteers at python.org<mailto:pycon-volunteers at python.org>.
**Please note that the Oregon Convention Center requires us to use their own badge checkers in the area, but they only make sure people are wearing a badge and will not check names off a list.
Most importantly: Thank you so much for volunteering at PyCon. The time you put in helps our attendees have a great experience at the conference. We truly appreciate you taking the time to make PyCon 2017 the best PyCon yet!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pycon-volunteers