[pycon-za] Sponsor, Speakers and some general ideas

Maciej Fijalkowski fijall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 15:44:29 CEST 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Jonathan Endersby <
jonathan.endersby at praekeltconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Can I suggest we base the sponsor levels on what ScaleConf used.
> http://scaleconf.org/sponsor-details  -  Simon, do you have a budget yet?
>
> Graeme, I get that Go2Africa is wanting to help with travel arrangements,
> but isn't that what they do? Are they offering discounts?
>
> I think an all expenses paid safari would be a great incentive to get
> international speakers to speak. I feel that could be offered in exchange
> for cash, assuming the value fell within one of the sponsor levels (as per
> ScaleConf etc)
>
> j.

Hi

I don't think there should be much of a problem finding international
speakers willing to come just for the air ticket, although safari is of
course cool (but I would trade safari for more slots).

The main problem is that it's relatively late now (as in a lot of people
already have plans for Oct).

Cheers,
fijal