[pycon-za] Bank account

Jonathan Hitchcock jonathan.hitchcock at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 14:19:55 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Jonathan Hitchcock
<jonathan.hitchcock at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Anyone know what is required for an organization like CTPUG to get a
>> bank account?

LessFuss have replied.

I'm assuming we're talking about non-profit organizations, since
otherwise CTPUG would have to go through the motions of registering as
a company like any other company.

If CTPUG isn't already a registered NPO, it can register like so:
http://www.westerncape.gov.za/eng/pubs/public_info/A/47596/1

Once that's done, this is what FNB said about opening a bank account:

"They will open a transactional account for you, and will need the following:
- IDs must be presented of each NPO contributor/founder.
- Proof of residence from each person.
- The constitution, ie why you are creating the NPO or why did you create it.
- If you have an NPO certificate.
- The bank is willing to meet you at your place of work as well, just
call and arrange with bank manager."

So, it's looking to me like the Foundation is the best bet.

Cheers,
-Jonathan