[pycon-za] Getting PyCon ZA off the ground

Simon Cross simon.cross at praekeltfoundation.org
Thu Mar 22 17:28:35 CET 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Gustav <gustav at praekelt.com> wrote:
> I can ping the TW team for their feedback and buy in. Simon, do we have a
> shareable gdoc or concept note that I can send to them?

I can make a Google Doc with my notes so far. We may want something
like a shared repository once organization gets into full swing.

> One other suggestion - should we consider naming it Pycon-Africa, rather
> than ZA?

At this point that requires a little bit of back-tracking since the
PSF gave us za.pycon.org. There is some precedence with EuroPython --
I guess AfroPython with be the direct equivalent. I wouldn't mind
getting at least one national conference under my organizational belt
before going for a continental conference though.

May we could put forming an organizing group for AfroPython 2013 on
the agenda for the conference? And make it clear that all of Africa is
invited in promotional material?

Schiavo
Simon