[pycon-za] Waiting list activated on za.pycon.org

Simon Cross simon.cross at praekeltfoundation.org
Thu Sep 6 15:39:32 CEST 2012

Greetings

We hit 215 tickets committed so we took a decision to switch
registration on za.pycon.org to a waiting list. The information
captured is the same but there's a red box letting people know they're
signing up to a waiting list and the emails sent out are different
(they explain the waiting list and don't contain an invoice).

This doesn't mean no more tickets are available for PyConZA -- just
that we have to limit things carefully from here. Step one is chasing
current sponsors and people who haven't paid to make sure they either
use their tickets or free them up for people who will. Step two will
be contacting people on the waiting list if spaces become available.

Schiavo
Simon