[Pycon2005-attendees] Announcing Availability of Track 1 and 2 Audio Recordings for PyCon 2005

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Mon Jun 6 22:55:30 CEST 2005

Bruce, I'm very sorry about this.  I agree with you and will restrict access
to all release forms as soon as we regain access to the site.

For the past two weeks, no one has been able to log into the box via ssh.  Our
host, iMeme, has been contacted but is unresponsive.  Access stopped around
the time they moved all of their servers, when they deleted our account and
changed the IP address w/o updating the DNS, because our donated account
wasn't attached to a paying customer.  They've since restored the account and
we've updated the DNS, but ssh still doesn't work.

The web portion has been up and down and, as of the time of this email, is
down.  Upon receipt of your email I was going to jump into Zope and write a
patch to skip over release forms.  As soon as the site it back up, I will do
this.  Promise.

The sysadmins of pycon are concerned about this wave of instability and are
pondering options.  Such an outage during or immediately preceding PyCon
would be disasterous.  Suggestions are welcome but please don't offer your
personal webserver.  PyCon needs a professionally run, 24/7 support server
that let's precious Python volunteer talent focus on content instead of
sysadmin.

I must also plead distraction as I was out of town last week for a family
emergency.  We will get this resolved this week.

Jeff Rush