[Pycon2005-attendees] shared lodging for conference

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Mar 19 20:34:48 CET 2005

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 12:34:16PM -0600, Jeff Bauer wrote:
>If anyone is looking for a roommate and has a motel
>room within walking distance of the conference, please
>contact me.  Thanks.

A few comments:

   Staying close to GWU is EXPENSIVE.  Last year we stayed at the hotel at
   1 George Washington Circle, and got a really good deal, something like
   $125/night.  This year it was more like $200 and at night the ice
   weasels came.  The hospital is right across the street and, particularly
   on the weekend nights the ambuilances kept us up all night.

   The Metro is great, so it's more important to stay close to a Metro stop
   than to stay within walking distance.  The Metro stop is 2 blocks from
   GWU.  You want the Foggy Bottom Metro stop.

Sean
--
 "If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would
 be dead."  -- Johnny Carson