[Pycon2005-attendees] The Database Divide

john.m.camara at comcast.net john.m.camara at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 14:47:06 CET 2005

 +1 for an open session
how about 3pm?
I was trying to be brief in my original post and that’s the reason I stated only trivial applications.  But in doing so I made the mistake of mixing embedded database with object orient databases.  So in my post replace object orient with embedded.  It also means that I left out the discussion about object orient databases.
>From my point of view, if you have strong feelings about one type of database, you may be doing yourself a disservice as each database type has it strengths.  You should use the type or types that make sense for your application.  Choosing the right type reduces the amount of code that is required, gives better performance, and uses resources like CPU, storage, and bandwidth more efficiently.
John