[Pycon2005-attendees] The Database Divide

Paul McNett p at ulmcnett.com
Fri Mar 25 16:56:56 CET 2005

Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:

> john.m.camara at comcast.net wrote:
>
>> +1 for an open session
>>how about 3pm?
>

> Since the conference closes at 3pm, I'm not sure how well that would
> work.  But if they would let us use a room, I could do it at 3pm.

I'll be there in spirit! Like Ed, I can see some of the benefits of
going to an object database, but at the same time being from a
relational database background I feel that the relational model has long
solved all real-world database problems. There is a place for being
relatively rigid (the backend database) and there is a place for being
relatively flexible (the business layer and the ui layout). Dialog is
good. Let's talk about the pros/cons of both models, so that at least
each side understands one another.

--
pkm ~ http://paulmcnett.com