[Pycon2005-attendees] Re: The Database Divide (another country heard from :)

Patrick K. O'Brien pobrien at orbtech.com
Sun Mar 27 00:36:43 CET 2005

Stephen Waterbury wrote:
> Patrick K. O'Brien wrote:
>
>> ... I thought I'd just follow up with a
>> link to a companion paper on Schevo that covers more than I was able to
>> in my presentation and includes lots of pretty screen shots and more
>> detailed explanations of Schevo concepts:
>>
>> http://schevo.org/documentation/reference/current/
>
> Thanks very much for this, Patrick!  I was at PyCon but unfortunately
> missed your talk and (maybe not so unfortunately ;) all the relational
> vs. odb hooha, except for the thread on pycon2005-attendees, which
> has been quite interesting.

You're quite welcome.  Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you.

> Schevo (is that pronounced "skeevo", with a hard "ch", as in
> "schema"?) is interesting, but for me the "REST API for Schevo"
> is even more interesting!

Yes, Schevo is pronounced "skeevo" and rhymes with Tivo.  :-)

Glad you like the REST API.  Matthew Scott gets credit for that.

To be honest, I'm really not familiar with any of the semantic web
efforts.  I just try to do things that make sense to me and work very
hard to make things simple.  It is nice to see that the concepts I've
spent the past few years working on with Schevo and it predecessors are
starting to converge with lots of other efforts.  I'm definitely
interested in keeping in touch and learning more about your work.

--
Patrick K. O'Brien
Orbtech    http://www.orbtech.com