[Pycon2005-attendees] EuroPython 2005

Andrew Dalke dalke at dalkescientific.com
Tue Mar 29 00:30:04 CEST 2005

Patrick K. O'Brien:
> Cool site.  Thanks for the tip.  I'm curious to know how you are
> searching, though.  When I search from STL to GOT leaving June 25 and
> returning July 2, the cheapest I get is US$1,330.95.  I see now that
> you
> said you searched to arrive in Stockholm.  Is that the best
> destination?

Sadly I won't be able to make it to Europython this year.  I went the
last two years.  I was looking forward to being in Sweden in summer
but I have another conference to attend ... in Detroit.

In any case, your best bet is to fly into Gothenburg directly.  You
could fly to Stockholm but then would need to take a train
   http://www.sj.se/
1108 SEK on the express train X2000, 3 hours = ~$150
489 SEK on the intercity train, 4h 45m = ~$70
(Note: that web page doesn't accept non-Scandinavian credit cards)
or fly.  Malmö Aviation shows prices down to 670 SEK for the
hour flight, plus figure another 100 SEK for the bus in and
out of Gothenburg airport.  Those prices are likely to change
for the summer.

Cost-wise it looks like that's still cheaper for you, if more
of a hassle.  On the plus side you could visit Stockholm too.

					Andrew
					dalke at dalkescientific.com