[PyConUK-adm-priv] Another catch up meeting on Friday

Sarah Mount mount.sarah at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:07:21 EDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Zeth Green <zeth at infomachine.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:49 PM, Michael <sparks.m at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I can't do this week, and generally on friday evenings I'm ferrying around
>> children to various things until late :-/
>>
>> My understanding is also that you need a google+ account to use hangouts and
>> I won't sign up to google+ since it makes *dreadful* privacy assumptions.
>> (which is a topic for another time off line maybe :) )
>
> "We Are the Borg. You Will be Assimilated. Resistance is Futile."
>
> All true but at least it works on Linux, some of the other chat things
> expect Windows or Mac OS X.

For the reasons Michael mentions (and others) we have previously used
appear.in,
which seems to work OK on all platforms. Since Michael cannot use Hangouts,
I would suggest we move back there if we can settle on a time everyone can make
(obviously, this Friday is already arranged, so no real point in
moving that one).

Cheers,

Sarah

--