[PyConUK-adm-priv] Day tickets

Zeth Green zeth at infomachine.uk
Wed Apr 27 08:29:05 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 8:26 AM, Sarah Mount <mount.sarah at gmail.com> wrote:
> Now we know the research track has a clash with the RSE AGM, so we are only
> running the track Sat--Mon, it would be good to have a ticket that covers
> those days, or a three-day ticket.

Well in all previous years, Sat+Sun is the profitable bit of the
conference, which subsidised everything else. So if you come Sat-Sun
then you always needed a real ticket.

The other days were like 'free minutes' or 100Mb/s broadband, if
everyone really used 100MB/s for 24 hours a day, the ISP is
over-capacity and bankrupt. We counted on people not coming, The
cheaper day tickets for Monday etc where just a way of getting a bit
of money back on otherwise loss leading days.

It may be that things are done differently this year, but if so the
whole financial models is different.