[PyConUK-adm-priv] Cardiff Conference Wireless

Cory Benfield cory at lukasa.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 08:16:46 EDT 2016

Yes, it’s worth it.

Trust me when I say that if we provide crappy wifi, 50% or more of the social media response to PyCon UK will be about that crappy wifi. At tech conferences, delegates really notice when they can’t get online. And saying that we can tell delegates to bring their own mobile broadband is pretty extreme: in those cases that’s basically going to be amounting to us telling them that we were unwilling to solve a relatively simple problem.

Providing internet at conferences is on roughly the same level of importance as providing beverages other than water: it’s not mandatory, but it’s certainly expected.

Cory