[Pydotorg-redesign] /psa/ bad link, site redesign progress...

A.M. Kuchling amk at asti-usa.com
Tue Aug 5 11:24:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 08:49:52AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> FYI, for the people tackling the /psa/ section, see the attached note.

This will be taken care of when the /psa/ section disappears.  Since
no one has commented on the new pages at /community/, I'll assume
they're OK and begin updating links to /psa/.

> Things seem to have quieted down substantially.  Can I take that to mean
> people are busily working on sections of the redesign?  If not, now that we
> seem to have identified some candidate look-n-feel's, how about working on
> some overall structure issues?  What stays?  What goes?  What's new?

I think we're stuck on the question of choosing a look and feel,
because it's unknown it is to choose one.  We have a few proposals
(the Pollenation mockups, Walter's prototype) but who decides to go
with one style or decides that they're all unsuitable?  Guido?  The
PSF Board?  The readership of this mailing list?

Is anyone going to apply Walter's patch to fix various well-formedness
problems?
http://styx.livinglogic.de/~walter/www.python.org-converted/diff.txt
Is Walter going to get CVS commit access, or should I try to check in
the changes (I can do that tonight)?

--amk                                            (www.amk.ca)
Not hat people, are you? Either of you?
      -- The Doctor, in "Frontios"