[Pydotorg-redesign] keep reorganization discussion on pydotorg-redesign?

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Thu Aug 7 13:08:10 EDT 2003

Shouldn't the discussion of reorganizing the top nav and sub-pages stay on
pydotorg-redesign? This is part of the overall redesign process and many of
the people on the other list are not part of the current pydotorg
maintainers list.

Also, we probably want to avoid too much churn. If we start making changes
to the top nav, help, etc. that are going to be live on python.org then we
should go ahead and decide on the process for agreeing on the changes so we
can avoid backing them out later.

We said we would do mockups and get some general agreement for the home page
and sitewide style changes, but are going to apply that to the other
reorganization bits like the new community page? I don't want to kill the
momentum AMK has going, so let's decide quickly. I'm mostly bringing this up
because the top nav is now a topic.

ka