[Pydotorg-redesign] The Zope question

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Aug 8 21:18:54 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Zope shines when you have lots of active content, we don't. Zope
> shines when you have distinct groups of designers, programmers and
> content people, we don't. Zope shines when you need to enforce
> complicated permissions, we don't.

Quite frankly, I'd really love to have a more-complicated permission
system than we currently have because that would make it easier to
offload sections of the web site.  That IMO is the primary reason for
switching to Zope or something else, in fact.

But doing it *right* with the resources we have is something I worry
about.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz