[Pydotorg-redesign] What do the other guys do?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Sat Aug 9 13:46:54 EDT 2003

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> (changing subject)
>
>     Dylan> It doesn't scale well.
>
> This topic of how well the process scales keeps being raised.  Does
> anyone have round number type figures for how many people are
> involved (and how involved) building and maintaining similar sites
> (php.net, perl.org, tcl.tk, etc)?  If those sites all have a group of
> maintainers in the < 50 range, we'd probably be deluding ourselves to
> think we're going to have many more.

Depends whether you add "contributers" to the pool.  I don't know if we
can actually do it, but in theory if we're using a real CMS, we can
allow many more people to add content directly to the web site -- it
just doesn't go live until a maintainer approves it.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz