[Pydotorg] RE: [Pydotorg-redesign] The Zope question

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Mon Aug 11 10:51:43 EDT 2003

[note followup to pydotorg-redesign]

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003, Michael Hudson wrote:

> I'm not on pydotorg-redesign.

You should be, if you want to discuss the future of the web site.  Given
that we're currently having a lot of traffic on pydotorg due to current
work, I really don't want to flood the list any further.

> Is there an army of people we trust to do content for the website who
> don't have the necessary technical-fu to deal with today's system?

That's not the question.  The question is whether there are people who
have content who we don't trust to have direct access to creosote.
Simple example: I'd like a submission system for jobs that requires
*them* to format the entries, but doesn't let it get posted until it's
reviewed by a moderator.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz