[Pydotorg-redesign] Download pages

Johannes Gijsbers jlgijsbers at planet.nl
Mon Aug 11 20:40:23 EDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:34:13AM -0500, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> (Did you send this to pydotorg-redesign as well?  It appears not.  We need
> more inputs, now fewer, at this point. ;-)

Sorry, just switched to a different MUA and pushed the wrong button. :)

> The problem I see with your suggested layout is that you ask the user to
> select the version twice.  For example, all your Windows links point to
> windows.htm.  Presumably they've already told you which version they want by
> clicking on a specific Windows link.

No, they've told me they want more information about other versions
available for the selected platform. At least, that's what I was
thinking, but it seems that is confusing. Maybe Aahz' approach would
be better then: a combination of quickies (like in my table) and a
list of links to more information for other platforms (like on the
current page).

Johannes