[Pydotorg-redesign] Rearranging the python.org sidebar (again!)

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Tue Aug 12 11:09:28 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003, Steve Holden wrote:

> I certainly agree that "Python Versions" is a waste of space - we
> already have a "Downloads" lin k in the top nav section, and going there
> shows you everything that "Python Versions" has in it. I'd just lose
> that navbar section altogether.

The problem is that currently if we remove Python Versions, you have to
click through at least two pages to make a download; until that's fixed,
it needs to stay.

> Also, while "mirror sites" and "site map" are both useful links I thing
> they are too far up.

Agreed about mirrors; disagree about site map.  Many people go almost
immediately to site map (or search) if they don't see something
obviously related to what they're looking for, because looking at the
whole site structure helps to figure what's located where.

This is Python.  We don't care much about theory, except where it intersects
with useful practice.  --Aahz