[Pydotorg-redesign] Rearranging the python.org sidebar (again!)

A.M. Kuchling amk at asti-usa.com
Tue Aug 12 11:17:02 EDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 06:49:16AM -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > This is a good point.  I've been dropping "Python" from link titles
> > because you *know* the site is about Python,
>
> OTOH the title is what is shown in your bookmarks ...

I should have been clearer; "link titles" should have been "link
text", e.g.  instead of "Python Job Board", use just "Job Board" as
the link text.  Page titles (that go inside the <title> element)
should always give as many details as possible.

(It's nice to see you weighing on this discussion, BTW.)

--amk                                            (www.amk.ca)
"One's ideas must be as broad as Nature if they are to interpret Nature."
      -- Sherlock Holmes, in "A Study in Scarlet"