[Pydotorg-redesign] Rearranging the python.org sidebar (again!)

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue Aug 12 17:11:04 EDT 2003

Aahz wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 12, 2003, Matt Goodall wrote:
>

>>Actually, SIGS are *extremely* important right now for the sole reason
>>that it's where the DB-API is documented. That specification should be
>>more prominent although I haven't got any suggestions.
>>

>But it's not something someone going to the home page needs.  I think
>that having it on the Community page is probably enough, and can be
>expanded there with more detail.

Very true, although I was really just raising the issue before I forgot
again ;-).

Having said that, support for database access is probably one of the key
things people will look for when evaluating the language. For me, and
probably lots of other people, it's a very important part of Python. I
know the DB-API isn't core Python but it would be great to get a link to
it on the main documentation page.

- Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd