[Pydotorg-redesign] Announcing the FAQ: how?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Wed Aug 13 11:14:00 EDT 2003

    >> If possible, it would be nice if the section numbering could be set
    >> up so when the sections are concatenated they have the same numbers
    >> as when viewed separately.

    amk> I have no plans to concatenate sections; that results in the
    amk> existing 240K FAQ which does no one any good (slow to load, chews
    amk> up lots of bandwidth, ...)

Sure, but you should be able to convert ReST to LaTeX or other
print-friendly formats.  Not that that will be the dominate use of the FAQ,
but it might appeal to some people.  Also, it might be nice to have a full
table of contents (good for scanning when you don't quite know what you're
looking for) whose numbering matches the individual sections.

Skip