[Pydotorg-redesign] Re: [Pydotorg] Re: python.org Commercial Exits

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Fri Aug 15 22:28:35 EDT 2003

A.M. Kuchling wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 03:46:11PM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>
>>Just wanted to ping in on this again, because I don't see any
>>changes on python.org web-site.
>
> <sigh> The sidebar discussion has yet again exploded off into a
> zillion subthreads.  I want to actually do something about this.

Ah, so that's why there was no reaction :-)

> Proposal:
>
> * Create /community/companies.html.  Criterion for listing:
>   companies that either use Python primarily, or have made strong commitments
>   to using it and supporting the community.
>
> * Change the top-level sidebar to http://www.amk.ca/python.org.html .
>   Suggestions that haven't been acted on:
>     * Move down the 'Mirror sites' link (this is a good idea)
>
> That's it.  Last call for suggestions, or vetos from the appropriate
> people, please.

Fair enough (the "Companies" link is missing from your sidebar,
though). I would also move the "site map" link next to the "search"
link. BTW, the "community" link on the top stil points to the
PSA; that should probably be a new index page listing all the
entries you have in the side-bar.

Please don't forget to add the PSF donation button in a prominent place,
e.g. on the top right corner. Aahz has the code for the button.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 15 2003)