[Pydotorg-redesign] Re: [marketing-python] PWC: informal announcement

Michael McLay mmclay at comcast.net
Sun Aug 24 06:14:37 EDT 2003

On Saturday 23 August 2003 06:14 pm, Aahz wrote:
> [This was supposed to go out a couple of days ago, but I didn't see the
> point while the virus storm was at its highest.  If you reply to this,
> please keep it on *one* list.]
>
> Some people have been asking who will make decisions regarding the web
> site.  At the most recent PSF board meeting, it was decided that a
> committee would take over for Guido -- though Guido as BDFL retains the
> right to veto a recommendation of the committee.  There should be little
> change for most issues, particularly in the short term -- if you've been
> doing work, just continue what you've been doing.

I've been doing some work on a prototype redesign. Please take a look at:

	http://drydock.python.net:9673/python

The look is straight plone, with the substitution of a one of the proposed new
logos. Thanks are in order to Stefan Drees and the other starship webmasters
for getting Zope and plone operational on the new starship.

I've only completed a draft for the Manager and Donation links. The prototype
still needs a market pitch for Developers, Students, etc.. If anyone is
interested in filling in some of the holes, embellishing my first draft, or
fixing the grammar and speling, please let me know and I'll add you as a
manager to the plone interface.

I tried to write in marketing-speak for managers. It's not my native tongue,
so I won't be offended if your comment suggest I missed the mark. However,
please do so politely:-)

I've just spent my last round tuit, so I'll probably not be able to work on
extending the content for a couple days.