[Pydotorg-redesign] Tweaking the top page

Richard Jones richard at mechanicalcat.net
Sun Jul 13 09:05:20 EDT 2003

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 03:17 am, Steve Holden wrote:
> Why not a left-=hand and a right-hand sidebar. I'm currently looking at
> a redesing of my own site, don't know whether it might inspire any
> thoughts for pydotorg:
>
> 	http://www.insigniodesign.com/holdenweb/scaled/

My problems with navigation on both sides are that:

- The space available for content is quite reduced. This might not be such
  a big deal on the front page, but it certainly will be on latter pages.
- The user has another set of places to look for navigation. Currently
  there's three places, and with another sidebar there's four. Perhaps
  we could use the current spaces better?

Oh, and on my browser at least, that page doesn't fit in my default window
size (around 800 pixels wide). Horizontal scrolling is needed to get to the
right-hand sidebar :)

      Richard