[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Thu Jul 17 12:21:09 EDT 2003

Skip Montanaro writes:
 > Me either.  No slight intended to the Zopistas on the list, but isn't Zope

None taken.  ;-)

 > kind of overkill for what is essentially a small website made up mostly of
 > static pages?

Zope is good for dynamic content, and we've generally avoided that for
python.org so we can simplify operation of the server, keep it
lightweight, and allow it to be efficiently mirrored.

There are certainly parts of the site that benefit from dynamism (such
as the wiki), but we already have applications in place, and no one
seems to have time to change them anyway.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation