[Pydotorg-redesign] Graphic redesign

Walter Dörwald walter at livinglogic.de
Fri Jul 18 15:20:01 EDT 2003

Aahz wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 18, 2003, Walter Dörwald wrote:
>
>>Aahz wrote:

>>>That doesn't look too bad, either.  All we'd need to fit in with the
>>>current system is a way of organizing by directory.
>>
>>All pages have to be put into a hierarchical sitemap, but this doesn't
>>have to do anything with directory structure.
>
> You're technically correct, but because we've currently got the site in
> CVS, moving things around is a strongly non-preferred option.  And given
> that we've already got the site structure in directories, it seems to me
> that whatever navigation tool we're using ought to be automated to use
> that structure.

Would it be OK to convert the current links.h files to something else
automatically once and then use this new structure?

>>BTW, is the source for www.python.org available somewhere?
>
> What do you mean by "source"?  The .ht template files should be
> available off www.python.org.

They are, but traversing the site and downloading hundreds of .ht
and links.h files by hand is not what I had in mind. A nice .tar.gz
file would be much better.

Bye,
    Walter Dörwald